Are you following an autism diet?
Get my autism diet & nutrition success tools.
Learn why diet helps children with autism, how to feed your picky eater, and feel confident your child is getting adequate nutrition.
Gain the most empowering autism diet tools available today. Learn WHAT you need to know, WHY it makes scientific sense to take charge of diet , and HOW to effective using food and nutrition to help your child.
Stemming from 10 years of research and clinical experience, I provide answers to parents’ most pressing questions:
- Should my child follow an autism diet?
- What will my picky eater eat?
- Will my child get adequate nutrition?
- Is there science behind these diets?
What children with autism eat affects their health, cognition, and behavior. Leading experts and parents agree, the process of healing children with autism begins with taking charge of your child’s diet.
MOST Children benefit from following a Special Diet – What Parents Report
Parents can affect immediate improvement in their children through informed and empowered food choices. By making intentional omissions and additions, healing autism diets help children become healthier and less symptomatic.
Parents, pediatricians, caregivers, and therapists use Nourishing Hope for Autism and Cooking to Heal to empower their nutrition and food knowledge and help bring about real improvements in children – in cognitive ability, physical health, digestive problems, rashes, speech, eye contact and aggression.
Learn how to help your child through diet and nutrition. See what parents and practitioners are saying about how my Autism Diet Success Tools can help you.
Nourishing Hope for Autism
Autism diet intervention guide for parents and professionals. Provides the scientific WHY and HOW diet changes help children with autism. Contains a step-by-step nutrition guide to help you learn and be effective.
- Understand that autism is whole-body disorder–that body, brain, and behavior are connected–and how that shapes food and nutrition choices.
- Learn how diet can dramatically help many children with autism.
- Know which food omissions and additions are most imperative.
- Discover the most nutrient dense foods to ensure proper nutrition for your child, even picky eaters.
- Become empowered to get started or make further progress with diet.
Nourishing Hope for Autism is the only book that definitively presents the scientific rationale for dietary intervention and a step-by-step implementation guide – in and easy to read. format.
What people are saying about Nourishing Hope for Autism
“AWESOME Autism Diet Guide”
“Excellent first read re: autism diets and autism nutrition.”
“Julie Matthews has put together an excellent resource for anyone who wants real information that will impact health and quality of life for those with autism.”
“If you are new to the world of Autism, or new to Biomedical treatments, this is the book you need!”
“Get it! First book that gives a parent ALL the information to correctly put an autism diet into place.”
“Outstanding guide for parents and practitioners”
“It is so easy to read and I reference it all the time.”
“This book is full of helpful information for families eager to learn the best principles of nutrition for the optimal health of children.”
– Elizabeth Mumper, M.D.,
Julie joins a small group of doctors, researchers and parents who believe there are reasons to be hopeful and interventions worth trying. This is a “must read” book for parents of ASD kids.
– Lisa Lewis, Ph.D.,
“Nourishing Hope helps me support my patients by providing both complex scientific information and practical steps for implementing a healthy diet for children with autism.
– Nancy O Hara, M.D.,
“Julie has done a masterful job at breaking down the complexities of the various medical diets into an easy and understandable format. Her knowledge of nutrition and how to incorporate healthy eating for autism-spectrum children is truly unique.”
– Kurt Woeller, D.O.,
Cooking to Heal
Cooking to Heal is essentially my all day cooking class done virtually. It includes my autism diet COOKBOOK together with a DVD of my 4-hour LIVE autism nutrition and cooking class (sample videos below). You will learn about nutrition, cooking for special diets, specific food substitutions, making healthy desserts, supporting picky eaters, and much more!
“”Cooking To Heal” stems from years of Julie’s clinical experience with parents and weekends in her kitchen creating palatable solutions – it’s guaranteed to help you be more effective with autism diet implementation.”
Cooking to Heal contains:
- Recipes to meet your child’s special diet needs
- Empowering nutrition education
- Meal planning and menu ideas
- make food preparation easier
- Cooking with nutrient dense foods
- nourish your child with foods they already love
- Ideas for picky eaters including texture issues
- Substitute ideas for every recipe
- Options for the most restricted diets including egg-free, nut-free, grain-free, and multiple diet combinations.
All recipes are gluten-free, casein-free, and soy-free…
…and labeled for specific autism diet compliance.
ALL AUTISM DIETS –Recipes for GFCF, SCD/GAPS, low oxalate diet, body ecology, Feingold, Weston A. Price/Nourishing Traditions, Failsafe and more
Learn the NUTRITIONAL benefits and HOW to prepare:
- Fermented foods: raw sauerkraut, nut milk yogurt, and non-dairy kefir (excellent for digestion, reducing yeast overgrowth, immune function, reducing inflammation), and lacto-fermented fruits, kombucha, and kefir sodas (favorite children’s fermented foods),
- Broths and soups: vegetable and mineral broths, chicken and beef stocks, and soups (boost and “sneak in” nutrition with nutrient dense broths)
- Soaking and fermenting: grains, nuts, and beans including how to make nut milk and nut butter (essential preparation for proper digestion and nutrient absorption of all “seeds”)
- Foods from pasture-raised animals: (nourishing to the brain and the nerves)
- Grain-free and Gluten-free baking and snacks
DISCOVER options for: Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Grain-free, Starch-free
What people are saying about Cooking To Heal
“I didn’t know that nutritious cooking could be tasty too. I now have the confidence that my son will eat my nutritious food without any problems.” – Rose C.
“This class has helped me to understand how to make fermented foods as well as yoghurt. I did not realize how important and also easy to make they are. A little learning can really improve your health.” – Welch Family
“I wish all my families of children with an autism spectrum disorder and food reactions could take Julie’s course.” – Toril H. Jelter MD FAAP
“My extremely picky daughter is already happier and more satisfied with her food. Your format is easy to understand, easy to implement and your nutritional knowledge and dedication provided me the encouragement I need to stay on course for our family’s health. The explanations have saved me weeks of trial and error and the accompanying frustration. Thank you!” – Melinda Jackson
“I opened my eyes in how to cook without grains and carbohydrates.” – Suzi Goldmacher
“This class is one of a kind not to be missed! It is easily accessible, well-organized with clear written guides and tastes that motivate behavior changes.” – Mary Isham
“When I first started this journey with my son there was no one out there to help answer my questions on what to cook and how to cook, I felt so alone. I wish I met you then, it would have been much more achievable. Thanks for the great day.” – Mom
GFCF diet? SCD? GAPS diet? Body Ecology diet? Low oxalate? Feingold? Failsafe?
Parents often ask, “Which diet do I choose? My friend’s child is doing great on… Is that the right diet for me?” Many practitioners and books specialize in one diet. Through my years in nutrition consultation, I’ve learned that there is no one size fits all diet. The best diet for one person could be a bad option for someone else. Nourishing Hope lays out all the diets so you can make the best choice for your child, and Cooking to Heal labels all recipes with the top 5 diets for people layering multiple diets or considering switching.