- ¼ cup, (plus 1 Tablespoon) coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large or 5 medium pastured eggs (room temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut milk or other diet compliant non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- ½ Tablespoon raw honey (or other sweetener if not on SCD) – sweetener is optional
Beat eggs in a large bowl; add non-dairy milk, honey, vanilla, and ¼ cup melted oil. In a separate bowl combine ¼ cup coconut flour, salt, baking soda—next, place this flour blend in a sifter. Sift flour into liquids bowl little by little while mixing it with an electric mixer until combined and smooth. If the pancake batter is too thin add 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour. If it’s too thick to pour or scoop, thin with more non-dairy milk.
Pour pancake batter into greased pan. Cook on one side then flip and cooking thoroughly, as you would any pancake.
GFCF = Gluten-Free and Casein-Free
SCD = Specific Carbohydrate Diet
GAPS = Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet
LOD = Low Oxalate Diet